Parishes of Sydney Harbour North:
Sacrament of First Reconciliation 2023
The Sacrament of First Reconciliation is celebrated in Term 4. Children in Year 3 or above who have been baptised or received in the Catholic Church can participate in this program. If your child has NOT been baptised or received into the Catholic Church, and you want them to receive the sacraments, please contact the Sacramental Coordinator at the Parish Office ASAP as a Baptism program is offered in the October school holidays.
There are three large group sessions which every child attends with a parent/guardian. Preparation also includes the Family Night, Mass attendance and a Retreat Day. All parents understand that all elements of the program are compulsory.
Stage 1 of the enrolment is completed online through a link on the home page of the Parish website. Enrolments open on 1 September and close on 14 September.
Stage 2 of the enrolment (deadline 6th October) is completed by
- Making the $75 financial contribution OR emailing the Parish Office to request exemption
- Providing a copy of the candidate’s baptismal certificate (unless child was baptised/received in one of the four Parishes of Sydney Harbour North).
The program is parish-based and family centred with the following elements:
1. FAMILY NIGHT: 6.30pm Wednesday 11th October at Sacred Heart CHURCH Mosman. Please note that a parent must attend with the child for the whole session. The Family evening will provide information to children and parents about the program as children and parents will go on this faith journey together.
2. COMMITMENT MASS 14/15 October: At all Masses on this weekend the children will be called forward to make their commitment to the program.
3. THREE LARGE GROUP SESSIONS at Sacred Heart PARISH HALL (on-site): Children will also work through the Activity book at home with their parents to reaffirm the lesson content.
If you are absent you must attend the catch-up session time.
A parent MUST attend the lessons with their child.
Lesson 1: Wed 18th Oct choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm (catch-up on 24/10/23 at 3.45pm) at the Parish Hall.
Lesson 2: Tues 24th Oct choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm (catch-up on 1/11/23 at 3.45pm) at the Parish Hall.
Lesson 3: Wed 1st Nov choose either 5pm OR 6.30pm (catch-up on 2/11/23 at 3.45pm) at the Parish Hall.
4. RETREAT DAY Tuesday 7th November 8.45am-2.30pm at Sacred Heart Parish and School. Parents are responsible for ensuring appropriate medications, epipens and medical action plans are sent with their child on the day and handed in to the Sacramental Co-ordinator.
5. RECONCILIATION CEREMONY: You will be allocated one of the following:
5pm OR 6.30pm Tuesday 14th November at BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH.
5pm OR 6.30pm Wednesday 15th November at BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH.
Contact details: 8969-3202 or [email protected]